View Single Post
Old
10-21-2003, 09:27 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
No denying the "roaming" goal was a bad judgement, and may have hurt in a closer game. But those are hypotheticals.

I simply agree with the sentiment that we're looking for perfection in a world/sport that is imperfect.

As one who does not hesitate to point out NYI's weaknesses, at the moment, I can find virtually none. More glaring defensive breakdowns earlier on last night (let's not forget that the Leafs, despite their start, are not a poor team), but overall, one cannot find much fault with the result.
Actually, I was sort of surprised the score was not closer last night. The Isles transition game was somewhat weak, and they got bogged down in their own zone a lot. The Laffs actually outshot us. They just weren't finishing and were't getting the puck in front enough. A couple of bad bounces and the game could have easily gone in another direction.

I can't believe the hustle Stirling is getting out of Kvasha. Its not just that Kvasha is putting up points - he is showing a shocking level of grit.