View Single Post
Old
07-15-2011, 02:13 PM
Blue Line Monster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
Overall a good analysis.

I think when you say "people" are underrating them I thinkyou mean opposing fans who post on HF. I think you have a couple flawed arguments, as an example last years goal differential and #14 in goals scored were largely the product of a few big blowouts, I think they can and will match last years goal total but without the blowouts for a truer measure of their offensive capabilities.

One thing about your analysis is that the Rangers were not the only team to make improvements, the Division and Conference were already pretty tough and with almost every team around us making improvements points will be as tough to come by as they were last season, maybe more so...so making a big jump in the standings will be very tough IMO.
Agree 100% with your entire post but especially the bolded. And to add to that point, the Rangers actually led the entire league in 6 or more goal games with 10 of them and still finished only 14th in goals scored. Which shows in the majority of the rest of the games the Rangers couldn't put the puck in an ocean. I wanted to gauge my eyes out watching them cycle behind the net the entire game hoping to score 2 goals..

Blue Line Monster is offline   Reply With Quote