View Single Post
Old
07-15-2011, 02:35 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
Guess it all depends...I've rarely had an outage that lasted more than a minute or two and that's only in extremely bad weather, I live in New Hampshire and we've had some really bad winters. I did check out a Satellite forum before getting my Dish and your experience is directly related to the quality of the installer...if they put the dish in a bad spot you'll lose signal with the slightest amount of bad weather. I have 2 HD boxes one with a DVR and have had no issues...but I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Yeah, this is true. Thing that probably didn't help me was the fact that I'm in an apartment complex, and we were not allowed to put the dish on the roof. So the installer literally had to attach it to a pole that he had to go to Home Depot for, and then literally had to "jimmy rig" it to the railing on my balcony. And my buddy who works for Direct TV, came over after the fact, inspected it, re-enforced it with a bunch of clamps and screws and spliced it into my bedroom. A few people I know have Direct TV, including my brother, and they have no issues. So maybe I'm still a little bitter.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote