View Single Post
Old
10-21-2003, 09:31 AM
Kodiak

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
Simon's out?? Sorry, he may well come down to earth but until then I think he's doing a damn fine job in his role, and deserves his time.. so far..

I'd love to see Moore come up and get real time on a 2nd line, but I don't see why Keefe wouldn't get the call first, as he's already here, and can be used sparingly or more on the 4th line, as well as kill some penalties.. There's no way that even if Moore gets the call, he'd play more than Nedved, Mess and Holik..

NOW, once Mess plays too much in the next month, and he goes down (I'm calling mid-november rib cage injury) then it might be time to bring in Moore or whoever is earning the spot from Hfd.. Not that I want to see Mess injured, but it will happen at this clip..
So why not have Moore come up and log some minutes to prevent another injury? I guess it's too forward thinking for the current staff.

I know that if Moore were called up, he would likely get less time than the other 3 centers, but that's one of the many problems of Sather. It's a waste to put Moore on the 4th line, but the center that is currently playing like a 4th liner makes too much and has too big a name to be dropped a line or 2. In all likelyhood, we see:
Hlavac-Nedved-Kovalev
Rucinsky-Messier-Lundmark
LaCouture-Holik-Carter
Simon-Rheaume-Barnaby
and not much changes from game to game.

Que sera sera