View Single Post
Old
07-15-2011, 03:31 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
He played with Patches and Palushaj in 07-08.
He also played with Pateryn although that was the season he got hurt and missed the rest of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, Mitera was actually a guy Timmins was pretty high on in '06.
I don't remember hearing that. But I was never impressed with Mitera at Michigan and thought it was a bad pick by the Ducks back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
He already went through waivers last year and didn't get picked up
Carle passed waivers last year but that was after missing most of the previous season, so it wasn't a surprise that he passed. That said i could see him passing again, just that imo isn't not as much as a given as it was last year as he finally stayed healthy and had a solid season with 11 goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
What's Carle like? I'm guessing he'll be a fringe NHL / mainly AHL guy his career?

Personally I don't think Mitera will break into an regular NHL'er, but who knows, maybe a change of scenery will do good for him.
Carl's game is about offense. He's good on the PP, can dish the puck but also likes to pinch in. He's not great in his own end, not overly physical and not the fastest player out there but overall he's a solid AHL defensemen especially on the PP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
I think he might have captained Michigan, but not sure. Is that a C on his chest, or is that part of the Michigan jerseys?
Yes he wore the C his Senior year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
MaxPac, Palushaj, Mitera... looks like we are trying to assemble all of the recent NHL prospect Wolverines.
Habs do seem to like Michigan, Cammer, Komisarek, Pateryn, Bennett, Palushaj, Pac, Mitera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
Can we say now that Habs' 2006 draft was a failure?
It's not pretty, only White remains from the draft.

Fischer's comp pick, Maxwell, Carle and Valentenko all traded. At least we had a good '05 and '07 draft.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote