View Single Post
Old
07-15-2011, 04:26 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
gone with the wind was also in theaters for years...

i was talking more about dark night, LoTR, transformers 3 (worldwide), other "blockbusters"
can't forget Pirates of the Caribbean. Dead man's chest is currently 4th on the "Worldwide highest-grossing films" and the fourth installment of the series "On Stranger Tides", which was released this year, is 7th on the list and climbing. Pirates of the Caribbean is the only series with 2 movies in the top 10. Harry Potter does have 4 movies in the top 15 and I'm sure this latest film will be up there soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Money grossed is nothing but a publicity stunt by the movie industry to try and get people to keep going to the movies. The only TRUE indication of what is the top movies of all time is NUMBER of ticket sale, not how much money they sell for. Thus, increases in ticket prices aren't a determing factor.
Unfortunately there is no list for this but I'm sure if there was one Titanic would be number one. Titanic should also be number one on the "Most Overrated Movies of All Time" list and trust me the genre is not lost on me.

Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 07-15-2011 at 04:32 PM.
FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote