View Single Post
Old
07-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
gone with the wind was also in theaters for years...

i was talking more about dark night, LoTR, transformers 3 (worldwide), other "blockbusters"
I was more or less touching on the fact that as the price of tickets increase so will the revenue the film earns. Ticket prices have increased so much in the recent years that this movie's sales probably won't even be comparable to Spider-Man let alone Titanic. I think it was like $7.25 for a ticket when I went to see the last Star Wars, now its about $10 at the same theater.

I just looked at the top Box Office movies, and 15 of the top 20 are since 2002, and 18 of the top 25 as well.

I know what you're saying though, its gonna be a big movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Money grossed is nothing but a publicity stunt by the movie industry to try and get people to keep going to the movies. The only TRUE indication of what is the top movies of all time is NUMBER of ticket sale, not how much money they sell for. Thus, increases in ticket prices aren't a determing factor.
Yea, that's what I meant pretty much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Unfortunately there is no list for this but I'm sure if there was one Titanic would be number one. Titanic should also be number one on the "Most Overrated Movies of All Time" list and trust me the genre is not lost on me.
Either Titanic or Gone With the Wind most likely.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote