View Single Post
Old
07-15-2011, 06:50 PM
IafrateOvie34

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggietheSavage15 View Post
agreed....also, IMO, this is more about his Matt Cooke comment than what he's actually doing on the ice. I mean, there has been judgment about his character, how he plays the game, amongst other things. Most people knew nothing of this kid up until last week...now CAPS FANS don't even want him on the team. Unbelievable. I want EVERYONE who is in the organization to do well. The Caps brass obviously saw something in him that they felt the need to have Paquette included in the Fehr deal. With the diligence that GMGM & Co. have shown this offseason, I'm willing to side with them as to why he was acquired in the first place.

Also, not to knock Dirtbag because he's certainly entitled to his opinion...but for all the reasons he listed as to why he doesn't like Paquette (dirty hits, elbows, cheap shotting guys going to the penalty box, etc), were some of the reasons why the Caps fan base fell in love with Dale Hunter. You need guys who play with an edge. It keep the opposition honest. I'm really pulling for the kid and hopefully some of the naysayers will change their opinion of him as he goes through the system. He's done NOTHING wrong.
Personally, I love everything I see about his play and glad he may be a Caps player someday. As for dirty play, players should keep their head up and pay attention. Having guys like him keep the Cooke, Samuelsson, Verbeek and Barnaby types from taking liberties on players like Semin and doesn't make the Caps push overs. Too bad vintage Chris Simon players don't grow on trees or can't be cloned, I would love to have a lineup of those with Ovechkin. To think, at one time we had a line of Simon-Hunter-Berube . I for one hated losing Cooke.

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote