Thread: Confirmed with Link: Mathieu Carle traded to Ducks for Mark Mitera
View Single Post
Old
07-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumFries View Post
I don't like these kind of moves, the trading for the sake of trading. Second in the past few weeks. Gauthier seems to collect other teams problems. At least, keep your assets and trade for a good NHL player or get some picks in return instead of AHL players that are behind in development. The team keeps collecting these former high round picks that go nowhere. I am not too high on Mitera nor Blunden. Pouliot was a good fighter at least. He obliterated Krejci with one punch. He also scored some 15 goals. I am not sure the Blundens and Miteras of this world will give you any offense nor are they capable of winning fights or fighting for that matter.
Let's look at it from a different angle. Carle was going to need to pass through waivers, so the team could have lost him for nothing. Given that, he wasn't worth a draft pick. He was indeed a 'problem' for Montreal. Why not deal him for a player who, at the very least, will be a solid citizen on the AHL team, and who may develop into an asset? The alternative is to potentially lose Carle for free. How could you dislike such a move?

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote