View Single Post
Old
07-15-2011, 07:53 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
I agree with this. Obviously players' stock goes up and down, depending on their performance. I can certainly understand why Jesper Fasth would be ranked above Andrew Yogan after the year both of them had, despite Yogan being drafted two rounds earlier.

However, there was not a single game, not even a practice meet-up since St. Croix went a round ahead of McColgan. Do the fans here really know more than professionals?
When the media buzzes that a player could be the steal of the draft, people are going to listen. He was also called the best player taken in his round, and that he and St. Croix were fallers in the draft. People like what they hear about McColgan because he is a gritty smaller player, who will stick up for his teammates, and is gifted offensively. How can you not want a player like that? Also, he fell because of injury and his height, not because of skill. Like you stated before, having a really good playoffs showed that he got off to a slow start because of missing camp. It's all possible that he could have been a 2nd rounder taken around where Grimaldi was taken, if he wasn't hurt, and you know how many people wanted us to take Grimaldi at 15.

I personally like the McColgan pick more than the St. Croix pick, and that is what made me put him higher on my list.