Thread: Thomas Hickey
View Single Post
Old
07-15-2011, 11:54 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
One interesting thing about Hickey and our first round picks is that when Dean was hired, he was championing a platform of building through the draft and was pointing at our drafting history of how our first round picks mostly never played for LA and a lot of the picks or prospects were either traded before they could show what they could do or they would bust and not play in the NHL.

It's a little funny because Dean has made 7 first round selections out of 8 possible picks (Bernier, Lewis, Hickey, Doughty, Teubert, Schenn, and Forbort), and only 3 of those players (Doughty, Bernier, and Lewis) has played for the Kings, and only one (Doughty) is the primary in his role and looks to have a long-term future with the organization at this point (outside of the most recent Forbort who is still unknown). But it is still a little interesting that three of those players/picks (Teubert, Schenn, 2011 1st) were traded and four of those players (Forbort) either never will or have yet to play a game for the Kings.

I am sure this is the whole foundation of the local pessimist/anti-Dean argument, but it is a little amusing to see that he campaigned on a platform of developing internally and utilizing those firsts, making fun of the Pagnutti and Jokinen picks, and less than 50% of his picks have been kept or has done anything for us.

Not that I am complaining, I love the way things turned out, just an interesting note.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi

Last edited by Telos: 07-16-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote