View Single Post
Old
07-16-2011, 07:20 AM
thomast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
right now who is the player under 18 years old with the most potential?
I like Olli Määttä alot, he plays very good 2 way game and makes rarely mistakes, can play hard. He gonna be our top D-man for U-20 and he isn't even 17, has adult experience. His ceiling isn't so high like our other top prospects but i think he is closest to be an NHLer. Same for Barkov Jr. good all around player with size. He isn't offensively as good as some other our top 95's but close. Jaakko Hälli is nice puck moving defenseman for 2014 draft with decent size for his age but he is too young to compare him with others. And of course Rasmus Ristolainen who is closest to be on FEL team roster. I think he will be a FEL player in 2 years. Don't know about Barkov but i hope he can make it for 2012-2013.

Defence

Olli Määttä is closest to NHL, but Ristolainen could be jackpot big, good skater, good shot, good 2-way player, has his issues aswell, positioning on own zone isn't great. Can't forget Pokka who has best offensive skills off these d-mans..

Fowards

Barkov Jr. has NHL potential in him. Can do everything very well at age of 15, Dream player for coach, because he can be used on all situations. I think foward with highest ceiling is Juuso Ikonen. If he was bigger he would be my Number 1 prospect for 2013 draft.

Of course there is Aleksi Saarela who is too young to be considered one but he has the potential to become the next great Junior player from finland. Next year he Gonna play at Jr C level. Granlund had 21 points in 13 games at his age let's see what numbers Saarela gonna have. He played 1 game last season with 2 points. I think he gonna RIP it and set new records.

Last edited by thomast: 07-16-2011 at 01:29 PM.