View Single Post
Old
07-16-2011, 01:20 PM
seemlessglass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsden View Post
Oh so you admit to not really caring about football, and don't follow your team year round, but still have something to say about that game?
Yeah, I know. I love sports but if I had to choose between watching baseball,hockey or football I would have to say without a shadow of a doubt that football would be a distant 3rd. With baseball coming out on top ONLY if it was the Sox in the playoffs and at that I would be switching to keep up with the B's. The thing about the brutality is true, when I was in high school in the late 70's a big kid weighed about 210-220 lbs. Todays high school kids are 260 and above and they are getting injuries that are going to haunt them later in life. A high school player that blows out his knee/s multiple times is staring at knee replacement by the time he's in his late 40's.
The body wasn't designed to take the kind of abuse that occurs in football,hockey and other contact sports. We all think that we are bulletproof when we're 17 years old, you find out later that's not true. I'm not one of those people that wants to get rid of football or boxing I believe everyone has the right to decide what they want to do. I'm just expressing my honest opinion about how I feel. I still do want the Giants to beat the Pats.