View Single Post
Old
07-16-2011, 01:38 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
IIRC, Black said that they included several of the players in the design process - certainly, as the architect explains in the latest video tour, the seating of the two goalies in the locker room was designed with Miller's stated preference to be close to the passageway to the ice.
After watching the renovated locker room video, I went back and checked out some of the old pressers, including the Rochester affiliation conference.

I'm telling you, Darcy looks like a little kid on Christmas morning. I suppose he's probably always felt confident about his job since he's always been well-respected, but it seems like now he has a real chance to enter into Lou Lamiorello or Pat Riley territory as a franchise steward who produces nothing but success.

He's done a great job building teams before, but now that we actually have money? And not just salary money, but all this side money to do things like create the league's best facilities, have the best AHL affiliation program, coaching longevity, and an atmosphere that players want to be a part of? Damn, why wouldn't he be excited?

The optimism is infectious. We've always been a franchise that can develop great talent. Now we can go out and buy talent too? We have the league's best facilities? Players are talking about how they want to be a part of what Buffalo is building?

I'm not planning the parade or anything, but man they are opening eyes.

OT / FYI - I'm now re-watching the year-end presser, and man, Bucky is such a fat slob. I can't believe the man presents himself so poorly and yet still purports to maintain an air of professionalism.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote