View Single Post
Old
10-21-2003, 11:52 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
I said at the time of the trade that Dunham wasn't playing on top of his game, but when he is on top of his game, he can be a top 10 goaltender in the league. Dunham was an absolute force for the Predators in 2000-2001, and as a result, got rewarded with a big contract. From the sounds of it, he has been on top of his game in New York. I hope it continues.

That being said, I was really surprised at what Dunham got in return at the time of the trade. His play since '01 had been up and down. His consistency was missing. On top of that,he had 10 million dollars left on his contract. (3 years, 3.5 million I believe). I didn't think we could get much of anything for him.

From a Nashville standpoint, things are looking good, but it's still early. Zidlicky is showing amazing offensive ability and a decent defense work. Murray has a been a solid verteran addition to the team. Kloucek still hasn't gotten a chance, but the potential is there for him to be physical beast. But again, it's early. We'll see how Zidlicky looks 50 games into the season. Can Kloucek ever get over his injuries? Will his game be affect by it? What will Dunham look like 50 games into the season? Will his consistentcy issues show up again?

I think this trade will best be evaluated after this year. I do think that New York overpaid under the circumstances, but so far, it looks like it's working out for both teams from an "impact" perspective. I think the "value" perspective will best be evaluated after this year.
agreed