View Single Post
Old
07-16-2011, 09:44 PM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
So you'd rather have the 3-goal Sean Avery who had a shooting percentage of 2.2% on our top line with Marian Gaborik and Brad Richards?

WW at least had 6-13-19 with us in 37 GP, not averaging a lot of TOI. And he scored a decent amount throughout his career.

Look, I'm no WW fan by any means. But not giving him the shot at that top line where he can succeed with two skilled players would be silly. Especially if Sean Avery is put there instead. Avery shouldn't even see ice time for this club this season.

Once again, I don't care if WW is bought out or not. If he is bought out and that cap space is used for some other LW under-30 by trade or not, I'll more than likely be happier. But Avery is definitely not a better candidate should it come down to that.
You shouldn't act like Avery isn't possible of being a 15-25 player if he was on that line for the entire year. And I'd rather have a 35-45 point Avery that makes Gaborik and Richards better than a 50-60 point player in Wolski that will most likely bring them down at times.

I'm not advocating for it, but I'll take Avery on top line LW over Wolski. I just have no interest in these hit or miss guys, especially at Wolski's cap hit. If we were in a different system maybe Wolski makes sense, but this team doesn't have room for guys that put forth questionable effort at times and don't play a two-way game. It's not their identity.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote