View Single Post
Old
07-17-2011, 12:00 AM
MK9

vCash: 500
I've had kidney stones 3 times. First time was the worst by far. Mine was 5mm. I woke up with it at 4:30 in the morning. I went from being sound asleep to being as awake as I've ever been. Like someone flipped a switch. I knew something was wrong immediately. And since they won't let you park in the trauma center entrance, I literally had to crawl on my hands & knees into the hospital. When they gave me the morphine I've never felt such a instant dramatic change in feelings. From excruciating pain to not caring if you hit me in the head with a sledgehammer.

The second two were nowhere near that big. Worst pain I've ever felt in my life. I also had the lithotripsy for that first one. Woke up and it felt like someone drop kicked me in the kidneys and I had a burn mark there the size of a quarter. My life was basically wake up, take vicoden, drink an assload of water, watch tv, fall asleep. Do it all over again. It really sucked because the stent they put in made it feel like someone was stepping on my right nut every time I'd pee. And with the amount of water they wanted me to drink, that was about every 20 minutes. I was out of work almost a month with that crap. I'm pretty sure the doctor was just milking the insurance though. I never understood why they made me wait so long to get the damn surgery.

I'd never wish kidney stones on my worst enemy.

MK9 is offline   Reply With Quote