View Single Post
Old
07-17-2011, 05:32 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
none of that changes the fact that it would be a low risk-high reward signing. Kovalev was miserable in Ottawa, and when he's not happy his play looks terrible.

all of the negative qualities you describe were present when he was in Montreal, yet most people still acknowledge Kovalev's aquisition by Gainey as a good move... why? b/c when he's on & playing well, his positives far outweigh his negatives.

1 year, 1M$ to find out how willing/able he is to come back and fit in? virtually no downside and a big positive upside... I say it's a no-brainer.
First of all, I don't think Kovalev's ego would even allow the thought of entertaining accepting a 1 year 1M deal, especially from Montreal where he knows he's viewed as some type of demi-God.

But for arguments sake, lets say he were too...yeah, I agree that it's low risk but not sure I agree about the high reward portion

Furthermore, if he wasn't happy in Ottawa, presumable because of the way he was used there, what makes you think he'll be any happier in Montreal playing a similar role? What happens when Kovalev's not happy in Montreal? especially when he's unhappy and playing on the same line as young players like Eller or Desharnais...

It's just not worth it for the amount of positive he could bring (in the best of scenarios)

417 is offline   Reply With Quote