View Single Post
Old
07-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Rangers Prospect Poll: #18 TIE-BREAKER

After more than 27 hours of voting, Dale Weise and Mikhail Pashnin are tied at 26 votes each, so it's time to do a tie-breaker round.

Dale Weise
Right Wing
Born Aug 5 1988 -- Winnipeg, MAN
Height 6.02 -- Weight 206 -- Shoots R

2010-11 Hartford Wolf Pack/CT Whale AHL 47 18 20 38 73

Tied for AHL lead in shorthanded goals, energy player who has been compared to Callahan by the Rangers. Gordie Clark believes he can score at the NHL level.

"He's very underrated as a goal-scorer, so I would have expected close to 20 in his first year, and I'm not at all surprised he got this many (28) in his second year. I think this is a big off-season for him in getting himself prepared to take a run at a position on the Rangers. He had a great year for us in Hartford... He's got a combination of size and skating. The thing we licked about him in juniors was his penchant for finishing checks. He still does and can pop anybody. He plays an all-around game and plays in all positions."
- Gordie Clark

"I do have some skill, too. I'm not a guy that just fights and mucks. I think I can score, and eventually someday, I can probably score 20 goals in the NHL."
- Dale Weise

__________________________________________________ ____

Mikhail Pashnin
Defense
Born May 11 1989
Height 5.11 -- Weight 187

2010-11 CSKA Moscow KHL 43 2 2 4 38

Hard-hitting defenseman with an all-around game. Similar in style to Scott Stevens, though obviously nowhere near as talented.

"Pashnin is a warrior, who goes all out in games and does everything it takes to win. He is a good influence on his teammates, because he has great character and is a solid, hard-working player... He acclimated very well on the Red Army team and to the big city. Since playing at the KHL level, he has really improved his intensity and quickness. His body-checking has become harder and he plays a stronger physical game. He is a very hard player to play against and he plays with a lot of confidence."
- Vladimir Lutchenko, the Rangers' Russian scout.

"He plays like a North American. I loved what I saw from him in the 2008 Canada-Russia Challenge series. The Canadian players came after the Russians, and this guy just gave it right back to them. He's just a real warrior."
- Gordie Clark in 2010

"The KHL arenas have wider ice, and there's very little hitting, but Pashnin's game is a North American game, and that's why he stood out at Development Camp last year. The way he plays is very North American. Defenseman Mikhail Pashnin, the Rangers' seventh-round pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, celebrates the MHL championship he won with Red Army 2, the top affiliate of CSKA Moscow on April 22, just a few weeks before he turned 22 years old... He came here and he opened a lot of eyes"
- Gordie Clark in 2011

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote