View Single Post
Old
10-21-2003, 11:44 AM
Oylerz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut 8
It is apparent that nobody really wants the guy. Personally I think that the Wings need to look at eating half his salary and only losing 4 million instead of 8. At this point he is done in Motown and nobody is going to push Domer as he is not that kind of player! I would love to see us go get a Physical third line center and just simply make this team tougher up the middle. that has been the key to our success in the last decade and it is now a weakness. If we ate 3-4 million dollars worth of salary I wonder id Calgary or Vancouver would bite?
Vancouver
I think they are pretty comitted to Cloutier & Hedberg, plus I don't know if there is room in the budget. I doub't that they would consider Cujo enough of an upgrade to drop 4 million for.

Calgary
While Cujo would be an upgrade over Turek I doubt Calgary would bite mainly for budgetary reasons.

I guess I doubt if either of these two teams would bite even at a reduced salary. However there are other teams that might:

Boston -if Raycroft drops off and Potvin plays like, well, like his alter ego (the bad one).

St Louis -Can't really see Detroit picking up salary to help them out though.

There really isn't much of a market for him at this point but it has been noted numerous times that after 15-20 games some GM may be just desperate enough to go get him.