View Single Post
Old
07-17-2011, 08:53 PM
Langway
Intangibles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by exwhaler View Post
As a freshman and sophomore at Boston College, Wey has earned a ton of responsibility and icetime unusual for a player at his age, much less a player in one of the better college programs in the NCAA.
AFAIK, he's been more of a 4 and largely been behind Dumoulin & Samuelsson since the three joined BC. Samuelsson left early so perhaps he becomes more of an all-situations type but a sophomore 4 isn't too rare. He's a solid player within his role but I haven't quite seen the instincts to warrant that much upside, even as a shutdown type. He's a pretty solid positional defensemen but he'll need to branch out a bit regardless going forward. If he does that in the next year or two then I'd agree.

Flemming is always going to be perceived as the riskier prospect but in today's game his lack of size isn't as important as it used to be. There are areas he needs to work on, in particular his shot, but I think he has less strides to make just from a two-way hockey sense and puck movement standpoint. Those two areas and his battle level in one-on-one situations are why I think he stands a good chance of translating pretty well at the pro level (up to the NHL level if his drive and conditioning are sufficient). He's a guy that doesn't just want to be steady but make a difference at both ends and that's IMO what makes him a more intriguing prospect at this point.

Langway is online now   Reply With Quote