View Single Post
Old
07-18-2011, 02:54 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
In an unrelated post, I wrote that the KHL is superior to the AHL, but not vastly so. Right now, the KHL is not even the middle ground between the AHL and the NHL. If the AHL is zero and the NHL is 100, then the KHL is maybe 15-20.

But when Weise is a proven 30 goal AHL scorer and Pashnin gets sent down to Russian Juniors in the middle of the season, it's clear which of them is better.

I am not talking about the time when Pashnin was sent down after the Red Army team was eliminated. I am talking about his demotion midway through the season. Considering that the Red Army team didn't make the playoffs and was one of the worst teams in the KHL, one would expect that he wouldn't get demoted midway through January. And yes, he was on the top pairing, but it sounds like it happened only because he clicked with another (superior) defenseman, not because he was actually one of the top two defensemen on that non-playoff KHL team. It was something along the lines of Christensen playing on the top line for the Rangers for a while or the way Malik was playing with Rosie on the top pairing.

When the kid is 22 years old and is still an equivalent of Malik/Christ in the KHL, that's not a great NHL prospect.
well every now and then, he has to defend against Jagr, Radulov, and other players with top NHL level talent. Let's not pretend like Jagr is easy to defend against. That said, he is still raw. And we are talking about, what... spot 18 or 19 on the list?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote