View Single Post
Old
09-20-2005, 03:46 PM
nine_inch_fang

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
it's not clear yet of course...and after the first week of camp i have to say right now beech is probably third in a three way fight for that one spot behind robitaille and perreault..

beech's hope is his size,and trotz tends to prefer big centers, and showing he's better than the other two on the defensive end...so far i don't think he has placed any seperation between himself and robitaille defensively... speed wise beech trails both of the other two, and is much slower than robitaille.. another hope of beech has got to be that many think he might be a better playmaker than robitaille and perreault, but he hasn't shown that in this camp so far.... robitaille easily leads the three in assists after the first three scrimmage games.... i don't think he helped himself yesterday skating on a line with sullivan and walker and them three not being able to get anything going... and both robitaille and perreault no doubt are better at shooting the puck and both of them are considerably better at faceoffs

so,my guess is, that he faces a real uphill battle... the guy has to put some points up during these preseason games

now having said that,i think most pred fans really want this guy to succeed because of his size and age... but my gut tells me they'll try to send him to milwaukee... and that pittsburgh will get first pass at him on the waiver wire(oh the irony,they do get the first choice on waiver guys) and take him back
The Pens would be required to put him on the roster if they pick him up...