View Single Post
Old
10-21-2003, 11:59 AM
PuckU

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBlue
You misread the quote. Go back and read the article in question again, and stop adding parts to the 'quote' that never were said.

I pasted the article below. Tell me where I misquoted.

By Alan Hahn
STAFF WRITER

October 21, 2003

The Islanders might use last night's 5-2 victory over the Maple Leafs at Nassau Coliseum as an early-season test. Judging by the score, they passed with flying body checks.

But don't be fooled. The Leafs aren't any better than the Florida Panthers, Atlanta Thrashers or Buffalo Sabres, the other teams the Islanders have faced in this unbeaten streak that has reached four games (3-0-1) since the season- opening loss at Washington.

The well-known names were present for the Leafs, but their hearts were hardly in it.

"We're too easy to play against right now," Leafs coach Pat Quinn said of his 1-2-2 team.

But don't tell that to the Islanders. They played strong and, before a relatively small crowd (considering the opponent) of 11,544, they played well.

"What we say to end our meetings and before we go on the ice is it's never about them, it's about us," said captain Michael Peca, who scored his first goal of the season, added an assist and was plus-2. "If we play at a level we're capable of, it's going to be hard for teams to match that."