View Single Post
Old
07-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
I dont mean to undermine him and im sure he will be a solid player for years to come. But that does not change the fact that it was actually a disappointing year for him. Just because he played on a bad team doesnt explain why he wasnt better. There are lots of players who play on horrible teams that put up better stats. Someone has to score on that team and if your getting tons of minutes you should be doing better. There were plenty of rookies who are the same age or younger who have had more successful rookie seasons than him even on bad teams. Look hes a good player but NOT worth Mcdonagh PERIOD.

Mcdonagh will continue to get better and better with each season and being a 21yo while going against some of the better teams players and still being one of our best dmen says alot about him. I think Mcdonagh has the ability to be a Staal-lite player. Depending upon how his offense comes, i would say a Letang player.

Like i said.. If the Oilers were offering Hall for Mcdonagh then id be down.
it wasnt that bad of a year for him. new country, different rink size, different game, on a craptastic team, with, imho, a mediocre coach. not surprising at all.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote