View Single Post
Old
07-18-2011, 02:00 PM
GAGLine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reijo R View Post
I'm not that high on Kreider, but it has nothing to do with his attributes. I just feel that Canadian kids turn out to be better players (no, I'm not Canadian....Brooklyn boy here!). They eat, sleep, and breathe hockey from a young age. Chris Kreider proved that he doesn't, preferring to enjoy the college lifestyle for another year. I don't blame him and I'm not mad at him, I just don't think he'll turn out to be as good as some of the Canadian prospects other teams have. Being a professional athlete is like being a professional musician. Who's going to be better? A guy who practices 8 hours a day, or a guy who plays 1 hour a day, then goes to hang out with his buds at the mall before seeing a movie with his girlfriend?

So, would I trade him for a young and established top 6 forward? You bet your arse I would.
College players practice more than CHL players do. CHL players play more games.

People saying that Kreider isn't committed to hockey are ridiculous. Why, because completing his degree is important to him, hockey can't be as well?

People had all the same concerns about McDonagh last year and now everyone loves him.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote