View Single Post
Old
07-18-2011, 04:22 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
They're prospects, but does anyone care to vote between guys like Stu Bickel and Jason Missiaen? I think you should just go to 25, and then add on honorable mentions. No point voting past 25 IMO, as the difference between those guys is negligible.

Yeah, that's what I was going to do. At first I thought to go to the top 20, but then a couple of rounds ago I thought we still had decent prospects left over. So I figured I will look a couple of years back to see if we had any past-20 prospects who turned out to be decent, and we did have just that.

I think going to 25 makes sense.

After the top-25, the 5 players who made it into the poll, but didn't win any round will be "Honorable Mentions." All other prospects will be listed as "Rangers Property" because if someone can't even make it into the poll, he is probably not much of a prospect.

I will also list JAM and Kale Kerbashian as "Honorable Mentions with AHL contracts". Had Jam been signed to an NHL contract, I am sure he'd have been voted onto the list as one of the top-25 guys, and there's a substantial likelihood that so would Kale, or at least he'd have been in the poll and therefore got the right to be an Honorable Mention.

Last edited by Beacon: 07-18-2011 at 04:28 PM.