View Single Post
Old
07-18-2011, 04:28 PM
NYRantLftyC19

vCash: 500
I've liked Paajarvi a lot since before his draft year, and always thought he would develop into at the very least a great top 6 forward. Watching him play, you can see that he has all the tools to be a first liner in the league..

Having said that, after watching McD this year, i'm convinced that McD will eventually be a 1st pairing Dman... he's just extremely smart and has great physical tools like his size and speed.. He's great at reading the play and stepping up to intercept the pass or take out the guy. He is more than solid in his own zone for a 22 year old rookie. And towards the end up the season, when he became more comfortable and experienced, he started adding offense to his game. He is very young, and will develop well with experience. If it weren't for Staal, he would be our number 1 in a couple of years- so i really think NYR will end up with 2 top line defense pairings: 2 #1s in Staal and McD, and 2 #2s in Girardi and Saur.. as early as the 2012-2013 season. I wouldn't give that up for Paajarvi.

NYRantLftyC19 is online now   Reply With Quote