View Single Post
Old
07-18-2011, 06:47 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

vCash: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
go look at one of Subban's goal he got in his hat trick game...I believe it was the 2nd one.

for the record...I think today, you've got to go with Doughty just because he's been able to show more.

but, let's see where this is at next year around this time.
That was a nice one, but if that's Subban's best, then I've got two for you to check out from Doughty.

Firstly, a goal wherein he reads the play perfectly, accepts a pass from his own blueline, splits two Phoenix players, controls the puck and then, at the last second, switches to his backhand to beat a surprised Labarbara.

Perhaps his best, though, was in a game against Dallas, wherein he took the puck from his own zone, split two forecheckers and forcing them to knock into each other, controls the puck in the neutral zone, slows down a bit before entering the Dallas zone, then turns on the jets to beat a Dallas Star on the outside, goes around the Dallas net, looks at the slot and twists his body to make a perfect pass that resulted in a one-timer goal. That wasn't puck-rushing: that was going Bobby Orr on the other team.