View Single Post
Old
07-18-2011, 08:01 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
(grumble) Yeah. Off-season moves... bleh! I'm not happy that Los Angeles improved their team, or that San Jose added Burns and Havlat.

I'm not mad at Murray for not making a big move, mind you. I don't think this was the right time for it. I think the Ducks are better off making smaller adjustments right now. If he can keep improving the team piece by piece they will reach a point where they can add that one piece and be a legit contender. That's the time I think Murray should go big. We're not there yet. If he does it prematurely we'd lose some valuable assets, and I think it would set the team back a couple of years.
Once again, pretty much precisely the way I look at things as well. My excitement over LA's and SJ's moves obviously is rather limited as well. (Besides the fantasy GM in me that already cashed in on Jon Quick and enjoys the sudden skyrise in value for Havlat.) I rather think about the likes of Philly, Minnesota, Buffalo, or Columbus, and some others, that have changed pretty much, for what was expected to be a boring summer due to a relatively weak free agent class. Funny how these things turn out sometimes.