View Single Post
Old
07-19-2011, 01:28 AM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

vCash: 500
Name: Joe

As a footnote.....I have had Buffalo Sports Memorabilia come into the shop....Jim Kelly Jersey framed comes to mind. Also a framed picture of the last game at the Aud.

Fan Since: The inception. Dad used to take me and sit me on his lap!

Season Ticket Holder: Yes, before I moved but obviously not now.

Favorite Sabre: Rick Martin

Current Sabre: Miller

Favorite Sabre Moment(s)/Memories:

The Good:

1. Having beers with Rick Martin at a tiki bar down here in Florida.....He told me he'd be back the next day, it was my local hangout and I brought in a DVD player with old Sabres Highlights, many of them of him, and we had drinks for over an hour.....awesome time. I was wearing a Sabres Tee, and some guy asks me, with Martin next to me, if I thought I was part of the French Connection, I said: "I'm not but he is..." Awesome, awesome moment, especially if you ever met Martin. He had a genuine smile and interest the entire time.....RIP.

The Bad:

2. About 10 years ago, playoff series against Philly, Hasek let in a goal that he was miffed at how it got past him. After further review, the puck went through the side of the net.....AND COUNTED! The way Hasek looked down at his pads, and around, you could tell he knew something was up. Goal counted then. During intermission, the camera was on Darcy in the review booth with an official, standing on a chair, pointing to a tv, screaming.....you could tell he was screaming f-bombs, goal still counted, and the Buffalo curse lived on. Loved Darcy since.

The Ugly:

No Goal...I was there.

Jerseys: 4.

Miller in the new scripted "Buffalo"
Old white original
White Goat
White Slug

Hate: NYR and Philly

Bands: way too many to list...Van Halen, with David Lee Roth is all time fav. Stones, Offspring, Elvis, Hip, Headstones, Doors, lots of rock bands of today...

Personal:

Canisius High School
Sports
Bikinis

PS.....Thank you Mr Pegula for the renewed faith that we will win the Stanley Cup!!!!

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote