View Single Post
Old
07-19-2011, 09:23 AM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
For once I'm the one who thinks you guys are underestimating a player. To me he has the size, skill, skating ability and poise with the puck at his early age to become a regular contributor on the top 6 in the NHL. He excels at using his frame to protect the puck. Reminds me of a young Sundin but not quite the same offensive skills though. But for this year yeah anything north of 45 points would be quite the surprise. People tend to forget players take a really long time to develop.
I wouldn't be surprised if he develops into a top 6 two-way center. For some reason, I think he'll play a Jordan Staal type of a role in Montreal, which influenced my projection for him in his future development.

I think he can be a top 6 center, but I feel like he'll be used for more of a shutdown role. For some reason, Eller reminds me of a more offensive Bonk(obviously different players, but size wise and role wise, that's who he reminds me of). Eller plays quite the puck possession game and is quite good at it despite being under 200 pounds.

Like you said, people forget that it takes more than one year to develop. I expect Eller to keep learning, he's still has a ways to go, but I like where he currently is.

Last edited by Andy: 07-19-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote