Thread: Vinny Prospal
View Single Post
Old
07-19-2011, 11:42 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
The time to go younger, IMO, is when the younger guys show they're ready. Who is ready? I have some guys that I think are ready, but I'm not going to keep a spot vacant for them in anticipation of that. It's not like we're signing a guy to a multi-year, multi-million contract here--Vinny can easily be scratched, waived or traded if people prove they're ready to assume a full time spot.

And to the question of, "Where can he play?" Well, where can't he play? He can play all three forward positions. He's a good face off guy, and while he's slow, is still relatively responsible on defense. He could play wing on the top line, wing on a third line, slot in for any of the centers if they were injured, play on either PP unit, and so on.

I just don't see why having him around would be at all negative. He's easy to clear from the books (he'd probably retire if waived, IMO), we can afford him, he's well-liked, and most importantly, he's still a good player. I don't pass that up because we have young players that may or may not be ready.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote