View Single Post
Old
07-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I didn't say we lost the game because of him. But when you put yourself ahead of the team, in the playoffs no less, you don't deserve anything. That is how it has ALWAYS been, and its too bad for him if he couldn't understand that simple concept.
How did he put himself in front of the team? I just checked the replay of that game. He played the play perfectly. No one cleared the crease and Halak let in a screen shot. I don't think he got any more playing time in that game and got marginal playing time the other games.

As I said, I'm not big on headcases, but when it was game time, he turned it on. I'll take that over all-talk, no-play Gomez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
That was just one blaring example as well, he didn't do **** all the rest of the time either.

I don't really care about who he outscored on the team. It is quite obvious that the management and coaching value the cohesion of the team above what the individuals produce. And I agree with that mentality. Sergei didn't fit into that, so he was moved.

And you have a really skewed interpretation of travesty when you use it to describe not re-signing Pouliot.
????

Cohesion of the team is important, I agree. But we ditched someone who could be second on our team in scoring, tops in +/- for nothing. Nothing. At some point, if the guy is hustling on the ice, you got to meet him there, not make sure he won't give a **** about you.

I don't know exactly how it all went down inside, so I can't comment on that, but it's not like being outspoken is the be-all, end-all of attitude. He gave what he could when it meant something, that's a whole lot better than some of the pathetic excuses in terms of effort we have on the team.