View Single Post
Old
10-21-2003, 02:42 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
Well you can't judge a player based on one specific play, but Hossa's all around game i'd say he's not a top six foward, and im not bias or anything im being totally realistic here and i see Hossa as VERY average at best, so far hes been very dissapointing and being sent down wouldn't be that bad on his confidence considering he has none to begin with, Lol but seriously Hossa should be given a warning or something to wake him up, thus far i see NO indication of a top six or anything near top six caliber foward. Great hands? No way, atleast not yet.
How are you being realistic? Anyone who claims to be very disappointed after 6 games on the team's best line is plainly being unrealistic, given how much that line has produced so far.

He has been keeping his game simple on the advice of Julien, who delivered a few warnings in training camp. He has been forechecking, backchecking, and cycling the puck with authority. And he consistently makes good cross-ice passes from the wing, often springing Zednik on a rush.

As someone pointed out, he is concentrating on the little things that tend to go unnoticed by impatient fans. Last night, on the 2 on 0 rush with Zednik and Ribeiro, you should have noticed that Hossa helped create the turnover by backchecking. Zednik and Ribeiro had a 2 on 0 breakaway because they were floating.

There is no point in having him go back to the AHL, where he'll only pick up bad habits. He has to learn at the NHL level with skilled linemates and determined opposition. He's doing fine for a young player in his first full season.