View Single Post
Old
07-19-2011, 01:44 PM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
We need a RD and he can play both sides. He will probably be our #6 for now with MDZ starting out in the minors and getting called up every time we need a defenseman. I think Valentenko will be the #7 who watches most games from the stands. (Not a bad job if you can get it.)

Vally makes the most sense to be #7 because he's the most experienced and oldest of prospects, so he does not need to play on a regular basis and he is the one who has to go through waivers. At the same time, I don't see Vally beating out any of the left defensemen ahead of him: Staal, McDonagh or Erixon.

Eminger makes sense as our #6 because our third-best RD right now is Kundratek, and I don't see the Rangers wanting to move either Erixon or MDZ to the side they are unfamiliar with so early in their career.
Vally missed a lot of time when he was in the KHL with injuries, he may be the oldest but I don't really think he has a significant amount of experience more than the other guys. Maybe he is the most developed, it's yet to be seen. They all need to work on their game...

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote