View Single Post
Old
10-21-2003, 02:02 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksoil
If he did end up in MTL, I'd be surprised to see him play behind Koivu. Not a slam on Koivu, but they are both EXTREMELY talented with the puck. If Koivu wasn't moved to the wing, MTL would be wise to go with 1a and 1b lines.
I just can't figure out why people think Koivu isn't a #1 center in this league yet. While I do agree injuries doesn't help his case, as he played only two complete seasons (played 82 games in 1995-96 and in 2002-03), he has always performed well when healthy, eventhough he was not always supported by great talent, especially last season. Comrie is probably close to being a #1 center. However, by any means he'd be in front of Saku on this team. Saku is the soul of this team, both on and off the ice, and no one can set up plays as he does. He's the one who makes everyone around him look better. Comrie is a pretty good young talent, but can he take a team on his shoulders all by himself? I think he still needs a few years to reach this level.

With that being said, I've rarely heard a trade rumor involving the Canadiens that turned out to be true, expect maybe a few rumors coming from Bob Mckenzie, so I don't read too much into that rumor.

*Sorry to bring up the 'Koivu #1 center?' debate all over again*