View Single Post
Old
07-19-2011, 04:57 PM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subnordi View Post
Or maybe a Plekanec type of game? I would be very happy with that, 55-65 points, and be defensively responsible.
If he becomes a bigger more physical Plekanec then he's pretty much a Jordan Staal. Not in every facet of the game obviously, you'll be hard pressed to find two exactly the same players. But he definitely has the potential to grow into a Staal, Plekanec, etc.

People might get pissed at this comparison and I'm in no way comparing them as players but look at Gomez. He was picked at the end of the 1st round. Lars Eller was pick in the early/middle.

Gomez has put up 80+ point seasons in his youth. Whose to say Eller can't develop into a similar type of producer point wise. Obviously completely different players but you could use about 100 guys as an example. Probably many who have had far similar developmental paths as Eller as well.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=56074

Mikko Koivu *knocks on wood*

I'd even be super happy with another Saku Koivu. Still can't believe that guy plays for Anaheim now...

EDIT: Holy crap man I can't believe Jordan Staal is still only 23! What a beast!

Last edited by neofury*: 07-19-2011 at 05:03 PM.
neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote