Thread: HockeyBuzz: Nazem Kadri for Kyle Turris?
View Single Post
Old
07-20-2011, 09:38 AM
The Mentalist
2016 Clayton Keller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3652 View Post
I am not sure if people know hockey that are writing on here. If Kadri is going on a two on one and he has the puck i would bet every thing i had he would shoot and not pass. I have seen him a lot. He gets nice goals but his game needs two things one he must learn to play defense and he needs to Pass the puck.

then some one trys to compare him to 7 other players each of them made the NHL in their first year and Kadri was sent back to the OHL his first year then sent back to the OHL the second year. And then they try him in the NHL as a 20 year old and then the coach says he has to go to the AHL to learn HOW TO PLAY HOCKEY. But when people come on here to say he is not that good then they are the ones that do not know what they are talking about.
I don't know who you were watching but to say Kadri is a shoot first C/W and doesn't use his playmaking skills is pure nonsense. Where did you see him play, I am curious? All his scoring stats have him with more assists than goals, despite playing with inferior teammates. Crabb and Boyce, god love them but they won't be mistaken for Corey Perry and Bobby Ryan. In junior he was the only star player on London in his final year and he had 58 assists in 56 games, add another 18 in 12 games, playing with Jared Knight, Kinght scored 36 goals in 09-10 a year earlier and the following year he only potted 25 without Kadri. As for his defensive skills, they were greatly improved on his last call up, if you watched games as you said you did, you would have noticed this. The only thing he needs to do now is apply the things he learned after being called up consistently at the NHL level. He will be 21 in Oct, this is nothing new to a player this age.