View Single Post
Old
07-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Its a three team race that can go to any of the three but Montreal has the best defensive group thanks to the Markov-Subban combination, probably the second best goaltending, and I take Montreal's forwards as basically equivalent to the other two, maybe better in a good year.

Boston had everything break right for them last year except Savard's injury which ended up saving them from cap-hell. Buffalo made some flashy additions but I think both Leino and Ehrhoff were passengers on their last teams. Leino was the third man on a third line that got super soft minutes in Philadelphia. I honestly think he's a downgrade on Connolly. Ehrhoff was just the defenseman that played with the Sedins, he also got to play most of the game in the offensive zone. They're both decent players, but got severely over-hyped.
Dude, if there is one team that is more loaded in offensive depth than the Habs in the east, it's Buffalo. I prefer our D too, but it's very close.

Teams who have a complete set (top 9 F, top 4 D, solid G) are many in the east this year... Washington, Pittsburg, Montreal, Buffalo, Boston, Philly... and even Tampa Bay.

I see those 7 teams as sure locks for the playoffs.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote