View Single Post
Old
07-20-2011, 02:25 PM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Really? Cause that's all I heard after they signed him...
It was praised by the media and sens fans and you are right it was a general consensus.

Myself and my friend Sam both said this would be a terrible signing from day one. Call it a gut feeling, I've been wrong about many but this one I was so right.

It wasn't about the injuries for me, more-so it was about the fact that on a weaker Washington Capitals he put up the same numbers as he did on a stacked Pittsburgh Penguins. I saw Ottawa being a flop and didn't think without the supporting cast he had in Pittsburgh he'd be able to remain consistent. If anything his production should have skyrocketed playing with Crosby/Malkin all the time and on the PP but it actually remained the same.

Then throw on top of that the Moen goal in game 7... I will never be able to look at Gonchar the same again. Was so happy we didn't try signing him to takeover for Markov or something ridiculous like that. I also had a bad feeling we might try to sign him, thank god we didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I remember watching the free agency coverage on TSN that day, and the general consensus was the Sens made a great signing.
It isn't even an argument imo, TSN and all those networks said it was an amazing signing, in fact I even heard some of them claiming it was the best of free agency, and that made me lol more than ever considering my personal opinion of the matter. By far one of the worst signings.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote