View Single Post
Old
07-20-2011, 04:18 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
I see what you're trying to say, but the other argument is it's simply chemistry. That is what makes a lot of players better and teams better. That's what's needed to be successful.

Stamkos made St. Louis better. St. Louis made Stamkos better.

You can say Stamkos' one-timer makes St. Louis' passes from the point look like gold. You can say it the other way around.

He can be compared to Crosby or Ovechkin.

What I see to take from Stamkos, he plays more of a winger's game than a center's. He's not flashy making plays for is linemates. He knows how to work with his linemates (St. Louis, Downie, etc) and knows how to finish.

The three have their similarities, but they also succeed in many different ways... In my opinion, it goes: Crosby > Stamkos > Ovechkin

Center depth is the most important (as well as hot goaltending) position in my opinion to be successful. Gimme an elite center like Stamkos over Ovechkin any day of the week.
No way, I can't consider Stamkos better than Ovechkin yet. They're both scorers, and Ovechkin in the worst year of his career only scored 6 less points than Stammer. At this juncture I think Ovechkin is the better player (but people are souring on him because he hasn't been to the Finals) but Stamkos can become the better player since he's still 5 years younger.

I believe in center depth too, but I don't think it works here when they're both primarily scorers. With Crosby it makes sense because he's also a fantastic playmaker.

We'll find out soon probably, since MSL is closer to 40 than 30 now .

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote