View Single Post
Old
07-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
Tim Erixon is better than a "maybe 2nd pair" defenseman. I'd argue that he, Chris Kreider and JT Miller are undoubtedly high-end players. One could argue that Thomas and McIlrath are potentially high-end players as well.

It's all opinion though. If you're not high on those players, then the system doesn't look nearly as good.
I like Erixon and Miller, but I'm not going to set myself up for disappointing results like I did for Grachev and Sanguinetti. Erixon will likely become our 2nd pairing defenseman of the future, #3 guy who can both PK/PP, I was reading the Calgarypuck hockey forum before he was traded and joined a few weeks ago to get more information on him. They fully expected him to become a 2nd pairing defenseman, not one person claimed he'll be on their top pairing, which at the time was Regehr and Bouwmeester. They also said their management has big hopes for TJ Brodie, who was a PPG player in the pre-season and got called up to start the first few games of the season, who knows, maybe the Flames valued Erixon as an expandable asset since their defense core look decent at the moment.

As for Miller, he has proven nothing to indicate he will be a 1st line winger, look at his draft comparision; Mason Raymond. We'll see how he does in Plymouth.

As for Kreider, well this has been beaten to a dead horse so I'll not repeat it. McIlirath is a BIG project player, could end up like Beukeboom or another Huge Specimen.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote