View Single Post
Old
07-20-2011, 04:24 PM
MsWoof

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
This is true, and what I wanted to happen, but you can argue from the Flyers point of view they didn't know if Vokoun wanted to come to the Flyers or if he might even re-sign with Florida which, he was reportedly open to. I guess that argument is made a bit weaker by the fact that it is known that teams do actually talk to players prior to them becoming ufas. There was probably the fear that if they don't go for Bryz's rights and try to sign him before free agency then Vokoun might sign with Florida, and Bryz could have been snatched up by some other team. I feel like you have offered a similar explanation for the Flyer's actions in the past. Sure they could have waited, but if it all blew up in their faces, all the fans here would be just as pissed.
The best scenario would have been for Snider to say NOTHING, and that would have kept both Bryz and Vokoun unsure of which of the two Holmgren was going after. You don't tell the world what your plan is because that's not how good negotiations work.

I think the other problem a lot of us have is that it's the second year in a row that this type of thing has happened, the first being with MFL getting a contract he totally didn't deserve.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote