View Single Post
Old
07-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I think they'll think about putting Wolski on the first line, but that's a pretty terrible defensive line and pretty soft to boot. It'd look better as PP line than a 5 on 5 line IMO. I still think Dubinsky looks like the best bet on the top line LW because he can retrieve the puck and work the boards better than anyone else on the team, and that's something Richards and Gaborik will need
We're going to see a ton of people slot in next to Richards, for various amounts of time, but anyone who doesn't think Wolski will get plenty of opportunities there if he's on the opening night roster is smoking something. Wolski might not have had a great year last year, but he's in a contract year now, he's been skating with Underhill, and a line of Richards, Gaborik and Wolski simply has too much skill to be easily defended against. Wolski will get a good look on that wing and could easily post 50+ points this season. I mean, since we're talking about being "on pace" for something anyway, he was on pace for for ~42 points after the trade last year anyways. Give him a full season, in a contract year, on that line and he might be the player he was a year ago.