View Single Post
Old
07-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Seriously, what do you expect from AK this season. Or last season?

Just a quick reminder. If you go check the "what do you expect from Erik Cole next season", people are expecting 20-25-50pts season. 150 hits. For a guy that we paid 4.5M$. Well, that is exactly what AK gave us last season, making 3.25M$ but that still isn't enough for some people.

I don't really don't get the hate AK is getting. We were a better team with him than without him last season. He help us win last season. Something I can't say about Gomez. We were something like 17-1-1 when AK scores.

So maybe you guys show lower your expectation and realizes that he's a 45-55 pts guy that will score 20-25 goals per season.
I expect Kostitsyn to give a constant effort, something he does when the coach puts him on the bottom lines. If he puts everything on his side, Kostitsyn can become more than a marginal 40 pts player.

It's not because Gomez had a horrendous season that Kostitsyn is allowed to be mediocre. And it's not because Cole got overpaid for being a UFA and Kostitsyn makes less money that he's not expected to be better than him. Just the fact that you bring up those irrelevant arguments show that people love him 'cause others seem to hate him. People are settling for mediocrity, just like he does.

If Kostitsyn showed passion and determination he would've had a longer contract, despite of being a very streaky scorer. But as the inconsistant player that he is, effort-wise, he does not deserve more.

Edit: Nice montage OP.

Last edited by Myron Gaines*: 07-21-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote