View Single Post
Old
07-21-2011, 03:41 PM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Healthy Scratch View Post
Comparing a center to a winger in stepan, yea we needed centers so obviously he wasnt going to be sent down.

Your arguments (or last their of) are terrible.

Guess you'll just get your own reality check in October.
Compared to yours, which are illuminating, right? I honestly won't care if Zuccarello makes the team, as long as we have the best roster possible. I can already tell, however, how PUMPED you're going to be to say "I told you so!!!!1!!11!" if he does. I wasn't arguing about it for the sake of my pride, but you obviously are, which is why I'm done with this particular debate. And honestly, I do hope that Zuccarello can show up looking improved, stick with the team all year and that we'll be a more dangerous club because of it, but if he plays less than 50 games, for any reason besides injury, boy am I going to enjoy a hearty laugh now.

FYI: People who could have lined up at center if they felt Stepan wasn't ready/would benefit from some time in AHL (by the way, rushing a 20 year old into the NHL can actually be HARMFUL to their development, and our staff knows this but still chose to keep him up all year) - Anisimov, Christensen, Boyle, Dubinsky (yes, better on wing, but if Stepan needed to go down?), Prospal (29 games), Drury (24 games), Prust is naturally a center, Todd White (18 games). So if they felt Stepan needed some time in the AHL and only wanted to give him 40 or so games, like Zucc, they could have.