Eastern Conference Standings Predictions 2011-2012
View Single Post
07-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: long Island
Originally Posted by
1) Capitals - With huge offseason adjustments such as signing Vokoun and defenseman along with Ovechkin bound to have a rebound year I see Washington almost unstoppable.
2) Boston Bruins - After winning the Stanley cup I don't see them slowing down. Great goaltending and depth, getting hold of a star player would help other than Bergeron or Lucic.
3) Flyers - Yes they got rid of two great players but they signed one of the best tenders in the league which was their main problem. And the players they received through the trades and free agency aren't bad great depth.
4) Penguins - I see them being close to the Flyers but still not getting it done because of depth need more than just Crosby and Malkin, Sullivan was an ok pick up.
5) Sabres - With new owner they're a great team solid now on D with the addition of Regher and Ehrhoff adding Leino creates good depth now just need solid number one center Roy isn't the answer, which will likely happen through trading picks, youngsters, Pominville, and/or Hecht.
6) Lightning - How much more does Rolo have in the tank? Also a team lacking toughness.
7) Rangers - One word comes to mind when thinking of the Rangers, underachievers. Year after year they build a great team and always finish lower than expected. Gabbys health will play a huge roll while playing alongside Richards.
8) Maple Leafs - Great offseason pick ups add much needed depth. Not sure the Connolly signing will end up how they wanted but I believe they'll squeeze in as a number eight seed.
9) Hurricanes - Depth Depth and more depth needed here.
10) Canadiens - Signing Cole was good but that's about all they did. Need to do more if they want to keep pace with the rest of the teams. Toughness and size needed here.
11) Devils - Totally a gamble here just like last year could end up at the bottom or the top.
12) Panthers - Good work in the offseason but you can't build a team through free agency they'll need some young players that have been playing with each other for a while to step in with some chemistry.
13) Islanders - Another season when they're just not good enough. They need pretty much everything from offense to defense to goaltending to coaching.
14) Jets - Obviously the GM is dedicated to youth which is good unless your youth just flat out sucks like there's does, unfortunately they need to make big moves with trades and free agency but I don't see that happening so it looks like more years in the basement of the eastern conference.
15) Ottawa - No brained here. They're in a rebuilding period which is always good for a team as it promises future success so watch out for Ottawa in the coming years.
I don't think the Islanders are much worse than the Leafs.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by islandersfreak21