View Single Post
Old
07-22-2011, 08:16 AM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
SOB and bonehead moves? Yet another board misconception. He had a rumor of doing that before he got here. He takes a few penalties, which guys do and all of a sudden he's a bonehead. Toots has certainly made his fair share of bonehead moves yet we love him around here. SOB was the only defenseman on a consistent basis to clear the crease and keep Rinne safe back there. To me, that's old school toughness that will be sorely missed. He wasn't bad with the puck, had a big body and stuck up for his guys. If I'm not mistaken he took one or two more minors than Weber and Suter each so I'm not really sure where the bonehead is in his play. He took some dumb ones against Anaheim in the first 4 games and Trotz told him to tone it down and he did and we won games 5 and 6 so he listened.

His toughness is going to be missed. The kids have more talent but a guy back there willing to stand up for his teammates is pretty valuable too. Weber and Klein will really be the only two back there able to handle that duty.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote