View Single Post
Old
07-22-2011, 11:37 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Every word of this is wrong.

1. The Rangers knew he wanted to come over and so did other teams. He made it very clear before the draft.

2. He was never ranked as a top prospect.

3. He never lit up the KHL. Last season he barely made a non-playoff KHL team, and at one point midway through the season was sent down.

4. The KHL draft is nothing like the NHL entry draft. It is more or less a waiver draft because only the low-end guys get exposed to it.

5. He is not under-rated and is in fact overrated because everyone who has no clue about how the KHL draft works thinks he's a superstar. Almost every supporter of Pashnin writes, "but he was drafted first overall in Russia!"

The lack of supporters for Pashnin among people who at least know basic facts about the KHL is what scares me.

6. Anyone who brings up that Pashnin went #1 overall in the KHL is obviously not qualified to discuss him or any other Russian prospect.

7. The kid has the body of Brian Leetch, but plays like Jeff Beukeboom. I am not sure that an undersized wannabe-tough guy can survive in the NHL.
He plays the game exactly like Darius Kasparitis........

He also played some games where he got 20+ minutes of playing time in the KHL, which is a better league than the AHL.

He has skills and teams were afraid to take him because of the fact that he would be able to make more money by staying in Russia and he was already passed over in the NHL Entry Draft (He was not 18 when he was drafted).

All-in-all he is a good prospect and the fact that he actually has a shot to make the NHL team this year (which he does), as a 7th rounder, is already a great draft pick.

I also believe that he was sent down to get back in shape after an injury in the middle of the season and play lots of minutes. He went back down after his KHL team was eliminated and anchored that teams 1st pairing all the way to that leagues championship.

He had 5 points in 16 games in the playoffs with 60 PIM's and a +1.

The fact a 20-21 year old has played in the KHL for (2) seasons already is a good sign. The kid knows how to hit and be aggressive and he is a warrior.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote